Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finally Finished My Rug

Thank-you all for your wonderful comments about my rug...
your making me blush...
Well....I finally finished this rug & have been meaning to take photos of it for some time now. It is a pattern designed by one of my favorite primitive artists...Lori Brechlin of "Notforgotten Farm" http://farmhousenotforgotten.blogspot.com/
The pattern is called " Give Ye Thanks" & I purchased it at "Spruce Ridge Studio" http://www.spruceridgestudios.com/notforgotten/lbrechlin.html . Its a biggy at 27.5" x 36" inches...& it took me a year to finish as I only worked at it sporadically. Every strip of wool is handcut so the rug has a really great texture & feel to it...something you just can't get with machine cut wool strips. The photo doesn't show the colors very well..it's a really warm cozy rug full of fall color...with touches of blue & green & I just love it!!! Lori has a wonderful talent for designing patterns....she trully has a primitve heart...

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful rug thanks for sharing. Warm wishes, Esther

The French Bear said...

That is so fabulous! What a beautiful work of art. You should be very proud of yourself. I only do needle punch, so I know the work involved! Good job, sweetie!
Margaret B

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Love your choice of colors for this rug!!! Just love it. What a fun pattern.

JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Love the rug, love the pattern, great choice of color. I hope you are bringing it to rug hooking this week???? Can't wait to see you, let's make some plans, Ann

vintagepaletteart said...

GORGEOUS hooked rug! Love the pattern too! You did a wonderful job! =o)

Dogpatch Primitives said...

oh I love the rug, and the colors are the best! WOW, worth waiting for indeed!

Nancy Malay said...

Beautiful rug, Suzie!

Nancy

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful rug with us, Susan...
you've done me proud!!!

blessed be!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

Katherine said...

The rug is gorgeous Suzie!Love the colors you chose.

Katherine

Kathy Hunka said...

Wow! Just beautiful Suz!!

Bittersweet Pastimes said...

Your rug is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! All of your work is impeccable, Suzie.

Susan Walker said...

Oh Susie! Your rug is a beauty...I love the colors and the texture and I bet it's even more beautiful in person!!! Congrats on finishing this family treasure!!!Susan

Disgusted Cats said...

Ok,I'm in love with a rug! Good golly, this is gorgeous! My hat is off to you!

Kip

Robby said...

I love it.....I want it....I need it....That is perfect!!!! xxxRobby

Little Dollings by Brenda O. said...

Oh wow.. that's Gorgeous, Suzie!So warm and full of color. Great job!!

hugs
Brenda

Carolee said...

Just gorgeous - makes me want to learn rug hooing!

~ Carolee

Lana Manis said...

Oh my! It's gorgeous! If it ever needs a home......... wink, wink!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you for posting your rug!! It turned out just beautiful Suzie!!
Laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails